(Serum containing cryopreservation medium)
For inquires including COA (certificate of analysis), please send message to following e-mail address.
- CELLBANKER® 1 is a ready-to-use cell cryopreservation medium with serum containing formulation for broad spectrum of mammalian cell cultures. The unique formulation allows for stable cryopreservation and high viability after freeze-thaw procedure, even for sensitive cell lines.
- Advantages: Safe and Save!
- Safe: high cell viability
Save: complete formulation, no further preparation, direct freezing at -80℃, no programmable freezer required, etc.
Comparative Analysis of Cellbanker® 1 vs. conventional cell cryopreservation method
Cell type Description 293 Sheared human Ad5 DNA-transformed cell line. 293T Human cell line expressing SV40 large T antigen 32D Murine myeloid cell 3LL Murine Lewis lung cancer cell A10 Thoracic aortic smooth muscle of an embryonic rat A2781 Glioblastoma cell Ac2F Rat liver cell AtT20 Murine anterior pituitary cell Ba/F3 Murine Pro-B cell BHK-21 Ba Hamster renal fibroblast cell C2C12 Mouse myoblast cell C3H10T1/2 Murine embryonic fibroblast cell Caco-2 Human colonic adenocarcinoma cell CHL/1U Neonatal Chinese Hamster Lung cell CHO Chinese Hamster Ovary cell CHO-K1 Chinese Hamster Ovary cell Colo203 Human colonic adenocarcinoma cell COS1 African green monkey kidney cell COS7 African green monkey kidney cell CTLL-2 Murine T-cell DLP-1 Human colonic adenocarcinoma cell DT40 Chicken B lymphocyte cell DU145 Human prostate carcinoma cell EBV transformed B cell EJ-1 Human bladder carcinoma ELM-D Murine erythroblastic leukemia cell HeLa cell Human Uterine Cervical Carcinoma Cell Hep3B Human hepatoma cell Hepal-6 Murine hepatoma cell Hepatocyte HepG2 Hepatocellular carcinoma cell HL-60 Human promyelocytic leukemia cell HT-2 Murine cell Huh-7 Human hepatocarcinoma cell Jurkat Human T-cell line K-562 Human Caucasian Chronic myelogenous leukaemia cell Kato-III Human stomach carcinoma Keratinocyte KM12-LX Human Caucasian Chronic myelogenous leukaemia cell L5178Y Murine lymphoma cell L929 Murine fibroblast cell LM Murine fibroblast cell LNCap Human prostate adenocarcinoma cell Lymphocyte MCF-7 Human metastatic mammary carcinoma cell MDCK Madin-Dar canine kidney cell Microvascular Endothelial Cell Molt-4 Human T-cell NB-1/GOTO Human neuroblastoma NCI-H441 Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell NIH3T3 Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell P388 Murine leukimia cell P3/x63-Ag8.U1 Murine myeloma cell PC12 Rat pheochromocytoma cell Periodontal ligament fibroblast cell Periodontal ligament membrane fibroblast cell Raji Human B-cell line RAW264.7 Murine Macrophage cell sf9 Insect cell SK-N-MC Neuroepithelioma cell SN12C Renal carcinoma cell
Subclone: PM6,Clone8, MM3
Stem cell Stomach carcinoma cell THle3 Human liver cell T24 Human bladder carcinoma Vero African green monkey kidney epithelial cell WEHI3B Murine myeloid leukemia WiDr Human colon adenocarcinoma cell
Typical experimental results
Cells Preservation period
Viability of cells (%) -80℃ -196℃ MOUSE Hybridoma 10 95 95 Myeloma 10 90 90 L929 10 90 90 FM3A 5 90 90 BALB/3T3 5 90 90 M1 5 90 90 YAC-1 5 90 - RAT RLC-16 5 90 90 NRK 5 90 90 PC-12 5 90 - HAMSTER CHO 5 90 90 V79 5 90 90 MONKEY COS-1 5 90 90 Vero 5 90 90 HUMAN Kidney-derived tumor cell 5 90 90 EBV transformed cell 5 90 90 HEL-derived fibroblast 5 90 90 Melanoma 5 90 90 Caco-2 3 90 - C-5 5 90 90 CEM 5 90 90 K562 10 90 90 Jurkat 10 90 90 BALL-1 5 90 90 HUC-Fm 5 80 80
For optimum results, cells for cryopreservation should be in log phase of growth. Similar or standard freezing protocols may be substituted.
- Examine and make sure the cell culture free of contamination, in healthy situation and proper confluency, etc.
- Perform a cell count to determine the viability of cells.
- Gently pellet the cells centrifugation (3 - 5 minutes at 1,000~2,000rpm, 4℃). Remove the supernatant using a aspirator.
- Gently suspend the cells with CELLBANKER cryopreservation medium (1 ml for 5×105 - 5×106 cells).
- Dispense the cell suspension in 1ml aliquots to cryopreservation vials that have been labeled with the cell line name, cell concentration, passage date and other essential information.
- Place the vials directly in a -80℃ for storage. If necessary, transfer the frozen vials to a liquid nitrogen storage tank after the vials have been frozen for at least 24 hours.
- IMPORTANT: Optimum protocol may change with the cell types.
- Remove the frozen cell from storage and quickly thaw in a 37 ℃ shaking waterbath.
- Immediately dilute and gently mix each 1ml of cells with 10ml of complete cell culture medium.
- Gently pellet the cells centrifugation (3-5 minutes at 1,000 - 2,000rpm, 4℃). Remove the supernatant aspirator.
- Gently suspend the cells with appropriate volume of complete cell culture medium. And plate in a culture flask.
- Continue the further culture procedures according to standard protocols.
- Storage and Stability
- Store at 2 to 8 or below -20 degrees Celsius. In unopened condition and under storage temperatures (2-8℃), the product will be stable for 3 years after the date of manufacture.